A guest network lets the visitors and guests access to your Internet Connection without them knowing the actual password of your wireless connection. This is a useful feature as you can create a guest network and then let the visitors use the internet through it without them knowing about the actual password of your wireless connection.
How to set up a guest network on NETGEAR Routers?
Setting up a guest network on NETGEAR Routers is a really easy task and you can set up a guest network and protect it with a password just by following this quick guide:
- Launch a web browser.
- Head over to http://www.routerlogin.net or http://routerlogin.net.
- A login page will appear. Enter the login username and password to login to the Admin Panel.
- The default user name is admin and the default password is password.
- Click on Guest Network.
- Now, scroll down to the 2.5 GHz or 5 GHz section and Enable the Guest Network and SSID Broadcast option.
- Also, enable the Wireless Isolation option.
- If you want, you can change the name (SSID) of the guest network.
- You can set up a password in the Security Options section.
- Once all of that is done, click on Apply.
- The guest networks for your router will now have been created!