Changing the name of Wi-Fi network is really easy and it can help you in a way that you can set the name according to your likings. When you change the name of the Wi-Fi network then all of the devices get disconnected and all of the devices which somehow connected to your network will be disconnected.
How To Change WiFi Network Name (SSID)?
To change the name of your NETGEAR WiFi network (SSID), follow these steps:
- Open an Internet browser and in the URL bar type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://routerlogin.net.
- Enter the login user name and password for the Router’s Admin Panel.
- The default user name for NETGEAR Routers is admin and the default password is password.
- Now, click on Log In.
- You will be now logged in into the Admin Panel of the Router.
- Click on Wireless section.
- Enter the new network name in the given Name (SSID) field.
- Click on the Apply button.
- The name of your Wi-Fi will be changed.
(*Note: If your device disconnects from the network then search for networks and connect to the new Wi-Fi Network)