If you are having some issues with your internet connection on your NETGEAR Router/Modem then you can try to resolve these issue by performing a complete power cycle of your entire network. Performing a power cycle is really easy and you need to power OFF all of the networking devices and then turn them back ON. This will most likely resolve your issues such as:
- You are unable to access Internet on any device.
- Internet Connection cannot be established on your NETGEAR Router.
- Your router’s Internet LED light is not blinking.
You can perform a Power Cycle on your Router by following these steps:
If You are using a standalone Cable/DSL modem with a router then:
- Power Off all of the networking devices including Cable/DSL modem, Wired/Wireless router, and Wired & Wireless devices. Make sure that your router doesn’t have any backup battery.
- Now, turn on your Cable/DSL modem first and let it boot up and establish a connection with the ISP.
- Once the connection is established, power on your Wired/Wireless router. Let the Wireless/Wired router establish a connection with the Cable/DSL modem.
- This will take a minute or two. Once the connection is established, make sure that the lights on the router are stable. Now, try accessing the internet through your routers.
If you are using only a DSL/Cable gateway (modem router):
- Power off all of the networking devices including DSL/Cable Gateway, and Wired &Wireless devices.
- Now, power on your DSL/Cable Gateway and let it boot up and establish a connection with ISP.
- This will take some time as the DSL/Cable gateway syncs with your ISP and a connection is established.
- Once the connection is established, make sure that all the LED lights are stable and according to the manual.
- Now, turn on the wired & wireless devices and start using the internet.